- Professional Services
BlastPED for Underground Mines
BlastPED has been developed as a safer alternative to traditional safety fuse and cable based firing systems. This radio based remote blasting system allows personnel to be away from the blast area, reduces the number of misfires, and eliminates the need for expensive blasting cabling networks.
- The BlastPED System operates off the existing PED Transmission System and only requires a software upgrade to operate.
- BlastPED has been developed to eliminate the high cost of maintaining the integrity of underground blasting cables. By eliminating these cables, costs are reduced on maintenance and lost production due to misfires.
- While the BlastPED system is extremely secure, it is also simple to operate for the authorised personnel. The software is similar to the PED operating software, PEDCALL; therefore personnel do not need to learn a new system.
- The actual BlastPED receiver itself is easy to connect and operate. The user connects the firing cable, ensures the BlastPED has synchronised, and then turns the key. It is then up to the PEDCALL operator to enter the ARM & BLAST command from security disk and transmit the messages, once the area has been cleared of personnel and permission has been received to fire.
- For safety reasons, two seconds after firing the BlastPED automatically locks out. The unit will remain locked until it is manually reset by turning the safety key to the “SAFE” position.